Everyone wants to become a professional guitar player, but most of them don’t know where to start or where their journey will take them. That’s why I decided to create this post to list a few things you need to do to have a successful guitar playing career
Like almost all of the guitar players all over the world, I assume that you too also want to be successful in your career. Even if you are still a beginner guitar player, there is no reason for you to aim for success. Success means reaching a certain goal in your guitar playing career. Like for example, recording an album becoming a session guitar player for famous artists and the likes, you know what I mean. Once you have completed this goal, this is what you call success. Now, I know you want that too so you better listen to me.
There is no formula for success. No shortcuts and no cheats. But if you have certain traits and attitudes that are positive, maybe you can get there in an assured sort of way and probably a bit quicker than usual. What are these characteristics? There is probably a lot but you could sum it up into a few. First, DEDICATION. Dedicating a certain amount of your time to guitar playing is definitely a must. This would be the breeding ground of progress. DETERMINATION is also necessary. You should set your goals and be focused on it. Lastly, PRACTICE. All of these things would be worthless if you don’t practice hard enough.
New guitar players are often very worried about their first stage appearance. It is what we call “the performer’s nightmare” or whatever other people want to call it. The point is that this is a bad thing for all guitar players. When the nerves kick in, everything falls and crumbles down. And if you do not know how to control it, you might be in for some of the worst days of your performing life. Luckily, this ain’t permanent diseases. You could actually conquer this if you want to. So if you want to know more about this, you have come to the right place. This would give you the answer to your problem.
First and foremost, the most effective method of canceling out stage fright is to don’t think about it. The more you think about it, the more it gets amplified. So the next time you step into the stage, think of other things. Relax, it’s just a show.
Another solution to this problem is to do it for the sake of music and your own satisfaction, not because of other people. If you try to please the whole crowd, it would be much more difficult to cancel out stage fright. Do it for yourself and you’ll see the difference?
What is the purpose of having a music video? We could see each time a band or an artist releases a single out of their album. We see it on music video channels but most of us do exactly know what is the purpose of having a music video. Some bands have high 0 budget videos some have low – budget flicks. It depends on the label. But today, high-quality music videos can be created with fewer expenses. But that is not the point actually. Why do bands and artists create or have people create their music videos? What is the point of having music videos?
Primarily, music videos are here to promote the song. It is much more presentable if it’s wrapped in an interesting music video. That is why MV’s should be very interesting and not dull and boring. The more airtime the video plays, the more people could relate to it and love it eventually. Look at Justin Bieber. Almost all rock stars hate him. He’s the modern – day Aaron Carter without the apple cut. But how come there are millions of teenagers around the world who goes gaga over him? It’s because of packaging, promotion and spamming of his videos all over. I mean, who gets half a billion views on the internet?
- Promote your performances. People should know about you, inform them about you.
- Once the crowd is there, make sure that you can hold their attention, be able to involve your audience and raise their energy levels. Create an “A” set list. Put your good songs together.
- If you happen to have an album, the set “A” list need not be in the same sequence as your album. You can include other songs such as cover songs if you want to.
- Observe some established performances. Attend some live shows and observe how other performers plan their performances.
- Practice the set ahead of time. That way, you can develop a feel for how long the show will be. This will also give you a better understanding of how to employ transition between songs. Preparation and rehearsal time are an artist’s best friends.
- Don’t get upset if you make a mistake. You should move on. Try not to let your audience notice. If you are calm and can easily recover, your performances will steadily improve.
- Don’t be afraid to invest money into a high-quality acoustic guitar. You can check out our article on the best martin acoustic guitars to find something you like.